The results of the grant is to raise awareness of climate change adaption and mitigation among children and young people, as well as teachers and specialists of the environmental education centre.
Information about the open call
The results of the grant is to raise awareness of climate change adaption and mitigation among children and young people, as well as teachers and specialists of the environmental education centre. The awarding of the grant will increase the competence of teachers (incl. environmental education specialists of environmental education centres) in the field of climate change and improve their ability to address climate change topics, also new high-quality learning tools will be developed and produced.
The III open call is being funded from the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014–2021 “Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation” and has been developed by the Ministry of the Environment of the Republic of Estonia. The budget of the open call is 500,000 euros.
Given the objective, expected results and outputs of the Programme, grants shall be awarded for the implementation of the following activities for raising awareness of climate change:
- Developing climate change mitigation and adaption teaching strategies;
- Development of learning tools on climate change mitigation and adaption for students of pre-school educational institutions, general education and hobby schools, environmental education Centres;
- Supporting the introduction of the developed learning tools in at least thirty educational institutions;
- Compiling training materials and conducting work-related training for teachers of primary and general education schools, instructors of hobby schools and specialists of environmental education centres in order to support the achievement of the learning outcomes set out in the national curriculum;
- Creation of assessment tools for climate awareness assessment, which will make it possible to monitor the impact of the use of the developed learning tools mentioned in clause 6.1.2.
An application is eligible if it contains all the activities mentioned above.
Who can apply?
Applications for the project grant may be submitted by research institutions and universities registered in the Republic of Estonia and who are in compliance with § 3 of the Estonian Research and Development Act.
How big is the grant?
- The minimum grant amount per application is EUR 200 000 and the maximum grant amount is EUR 500 000.
- The maximum grant rate is 85% of the eligible costs.
- Own contribution shall amount to at least 15% of the eligible costs. Own contribution shall be earmarked for the implementation of the project.
How can you apply?
The application process is in Estonian. More detailed materials, instructions and information can be found here, in Estonian, on the EIC’s homepage.
European Economic Area Grants 2014-2021
According to the European Economic Area (EEA) enlargement agreement, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway will fund, in compliance to their size and economic wealth, 15 European countries through the EEA grant financial mechanism in total with 1,548 billion euros, from which Norway contributes 95,8%, Iceland 3% and Liechtenstein 1,2%.
During the EEA grants period, different Programmes will be financed in countries such as Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech, Cyprus, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
The objective of the programme is to contribute to the reduction of economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area and to contribute to the strengthening of bilateral relations between Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and the beneficiary states.
During the period 2014-2021, Estonia receives 32,3 million euros as a grant from Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, from which 6 million euros will be implemented directly through environment and climate projects.