The forestry programme
The aim is implementation of long-term development directions of forestry, ensuring regeneration of forests and reforestation, protection of forest ecosystems, development of private forestry through joint action and empowering of the organisations of private forest owners, promotion of sustainable forestry through trainings, provision of information and studies, ensuring of preservation of renewable wild game resources, reduction of the extent of damage caused to wild game, and increasing of the level of the practical skills and awareness of hunting-related issues of hunters.
For this we support:
- activities arising from the forestry development plan;
- sustainable development of private forestry and training, consultation and joint activity of private forest owners;
- analyses related to the protection of atmospheric air;
- forest management and reforestation and the related inventories;
- promoting the wider use of timber as a renewable natural resource and energy source material and increasing the competitiveness of wood products;
- development and implementation of forest science, -education and -information activity;
- hunting related research, analyses and monitoring, and the continuing education of hunters and communication.
The application process is in the Estonian language. More detailed materials, instructions and information can be found here, in Estonian, on the EIC’s homepage.