The fishery programme
The aim is to achieve a balance between protection and use of the fish resources and to ensure biological diversity, preservation of the fish resources in the long perspective, and fishing possibilities for professional as well as hobby fishers now and in the future.
For this purpose, we are supporting:
- Studies of the status of the water biota and improvement of the status;
- Fishery studies;
- Collection and publication of fish resources-related data and information;
- Ensuring access to spawning areas for increasing and protection of the fish resources;
- Introduction or restocking of endangered fish species;
- Development of an infrastructure, which supports environment-friendly hobby fishing;
- Fishing events and international cooperation between fishery associations.
The application process is in the Estonian language. More detailed materials, instructions and information can be found here, in Estonian, on the EIC’s homepage.