The construction of water and sewage infrastructure of private individuals

Last updated on 27.03.2020 Cohesion fund

Information about the measure


What is the purpose of the grant?

The purpose of the grant is to ensure the collection of waste water in waste water collection areas with a pollution load exceeding 2,000 consumers.

How big is the budget of the application round?

The budget of the whole round is 10 million euros. Applications are accepted until the budget is exhausted. Ending of the receipt of applications will be announced in a national daily newspaper and on EIC’s home page.

Who can apply for the grant?

Inhabitants, whose household is located in waste water collection areas with over 2,000 consumers and which have been nationally determined, can apply for a grant. The grant can be applied by a natural person owner, joint owner or co-owner, whose immovable has been registered in the land register.

Which type of grant is allocated?

The grant is allocated for the connection of the residential building to the common water supply and/or sewage system, and for the establishment or reconstruction of the residential building's holding tank. The grant is allocated for holding tanks in areas in which there is no common sewage system and where it is known that a common sewage system will not be established within the next five years. We will support the connection of the common water supply and sewage system in the case that there is a possibility for it but for some reason there has been no connection.

How big is the grant?

The amount of the grant is determined from the average cost of similar building works ascertained this January and depends on the length of the pipeline to be built. Average amount of the grant will remain between 2,000 and 2,500 euros.  

What should be kept in mind?

If a connection point has been established for connecting with the water as well as sewage system, the precondition for the grant is connection to both services.

Only one application may be submitted for one registered immovable.

What is the grant not allocated for?

For internal construction works of pipelines in a residential building, including the establishment of a water meter. For the finance of previously conducted works. For the establishment of pipelines to an unbuilt immovable.

How do I apply?

It is possible to apply:

Via the e-support environment;

Via the application form published on EIC's home page, via e-mail ( or on paper (Narva mnt 7a, VI floor)

The application process is in Estonian, more information on EIC's Estonian home page.

The support measure was developed by the Ministry of the Environment, the grant is given from the EU Cohesion Fund.